- salt to taste
- red chilli powder(1/4 tsp or more as desired)
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek flakes (methi kuria) or fenugreek seeds(dry fry with a drop of oil and powder)
- 1 or 2 tbsp sesame(til) oil
- A pinch or shake of asafetida
- 1/4 tsp turmeric(haldi) powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Wash and slice the raw mango, add salt and chilli powder, mix well and let sit for an hour.
- If using fenugreek seeds; dry fry, powder and keep aside.
- In a deep pan, add the oil, mustard seeds, asafetida, fenugreek flakes, turmeric
- Heat until the mustard seeds have spluttered. Add the mango pieces (along with powders fenugreek seeds) mix well on a low flame for 3-5 minutes, stirring until the oil has coated the pieces well, .
- Let cool and store in an airtight container. It will stay fresh and crunchy for 3-4 days, a week or longer, if stored in the refrigerator.
- Tastes good with chapatti's, or yogurt rice